Top 13 Website Tips for the fall of 2019.
- If your website is more than 2 years old, it is time to redesign or redevelop it.
- Your website should be working for you, it is an online billboard for your business 24/7.
- Effective websites are updated regularly, not only for content, but the code should be updated as well for security reasons.
- If your website does not render well on a mobile device, Google will lower your rank in results.
- Social proof should always be on your website (Testimonials, Reviews, Awards, Google Reviews, Facebook rating, Recognition).
- The menu on your website should be clear, concise, easy to use and navigate.
- Customer Confidence: All websites should have an SSL (standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser.)
- Call To Actions should be clear and use action words like “Call Now”, or “Request Estimate.”
- People love coupons, discounts, special offers and personalized responses. (Even if they are automated.)
- You can measure the effectiveness of your website with Google Analytics with statistics like:
1. Number of users on the site
2. Location of visitors
3. Device users use to view the website
4. Returning visitors vs new visitors
5. How users are finding your website
6. Bounce Rate (when someone visits one page of your website and then leaves the site.)
- 1 in 3 websites are developed with WordPress.
- Mobile friendly, over 50% of your traffic will be from mobile devices. This means not only the text size, but image size and some functionality.
- Speed. Your site should be loading very quickly. On average if a site takes longer than 3-4 seconds to load, the user will go elsewhere.
Digital Marketing Services
RGS start year:
Outside the office:
In his “extra” time, Jason enjoys spending time with his wife, son and their friends, along with competing in facial hair competitions for several charities. He won Best Facial Hair in America 2018.
He enjoys attending charity events with his wife, ballroom dancing and playing with / running their English Bull Terrier’s Instagram account.
Jason Heien is a US Navy Veteran that has always had a keen eye for art and technology. Jason has been designing and developing websites for over 20 years. Before joining Real Green Systems, Heien worked as a Systems Engineer, Application Engineer and Senior Web Developer on marketing teams for several large brands in the Metro Detroit Area. Since he turned his hobby into a career, he now puts his expertise in action for our clients to develop cutting edge web designs, development that attracts new clients for our clients.
Heien is the Lead Developer on the Digital Marketing Team. He has been a techie before there was the label of ‘techie’, he uses his military leadership and troubleshooting skills to help clients realize their business goals through design, development and automation.